Monday, July 29, 2013



HEY!!
So I have had an awesome week so far! So Tuesday I got my new companion! Sister Hathaway! She is great! I'm not training her, she came pre trained! haha She is from Morgan Utah, She is 19 years old and she loves the gospel! She has been a blast to work with! We have a lot of similarities which is fun. Actually it is kinda scary how similar we are! haha! Just like all the rest of my companions, she has long blond hair... haha! is this a trait all my companions will have?!?! She is excellent! On Tuesday we got strait to work and I feel like I still have not caught my breath this week! We found 3 new investigators too!! The work is progressing muy rapido!!! Being a trainer is different! Dad you are right! I have received more inspiration, or at least I have become more sensitive to inspiration! I feel like I have grown more this week than the 3 months I have been here!!!! I am so glad that I am still in Cochran! This little town has touched my heart!

On Saturday our Ward celebrated Pioneer day. (kinda weird that the whole state doesn't celebrate it...) we had fun! The ward did a pot luck dinner and a talent show. The missionaries here did a fashion show. We first came out in our regular look. Then the next topic was evening attire, we came out in the same clothes and we had flashlights. The next topic was hot summer days. Sisters came out in sunglasses and the Elders came out with their ties loosened a little. Our last topic was beach attire. Elders came out in little inflatables and their pant legs rolled up and the sisters had flip flops on..... hahahaha the ward got a kick out of it! 

As for investigators... A________ and K___ are GREAT!!! They both have baptism dates too!! A__________ is August 17 and K________ it August 31! We are so excited for them and they can't wait!!! We walk to church with K________ every Sunday and she loves us!! She understands and believes that the church is true! She actually calls herself a "mormon"!! so cool!!!

Our other 3 investigators this week. R__________ is a friend of a member. She is 16 and has a lot of questions. We taught her the restoration yesterday and that helped her understand! We are teaching her again on Wednesday. P________ is another investigator. We actually found here my first transfer here. Do you remember when I told you when we skyped, the story of the woman that called us? Well we had not been able to see her since then. on Saturday our plans were all falling through and I just had a thought to just try P__________. So we did and she wants us to come back and teach her. She is from Jamaica and it is sometimes really hard to understand her but I'm just glad that I have been blessed with the gift of tongues! haha

But yeah this week has been very busy but it has been soooooooo good!!!  

Glad to hear that you had a good week! Sorry it was boring.... I really liked what you shared about what you learned! I really like that scripture! 

Sister M________ is awesome! I can totally see you two being friends! She reminds me a lot like you! Actually the whole family reminds me of ours! It's kinda weird actually! haha They are feeding us tonight and I can't wait! haha!

So I just got done reading about when Christ comes to the Americas. It made me sad once I got done with 3 Nephi because the rest of the Book of Mormon just gets kinda sad after this because of all the wickedness, but I am excited because some of the coolest promises and blessings are coming up! I love the book of Mormon! It really has just come to life and the stories and the message just mean something more to me! It has been fun reading it on my mission! It's kinda cool how what it is I read in the morning, I usually notice something that can relate to it during the day. I don't think that is coincidence ;)

Well I pray that you have a good week! Please know that I pray for you and love you! Miss you a lot but I am having a blast doing the Lord's work!!!  

Luv you!
~Hermana Creason

No comments:

Post a Comment