Monday, July 22, 2013

Big news! No my visa is not here yet but I still have big news!

Tomorrow is transfers and we know what is going on. Sister Snyder is leaving Cochran and becoming a Sister Training Leader. Basically she will be in charge of all the sisters in a zone (10-16 sisters) and with the new Macon mission opening, lots of wards have requested sister missionaries.... 30 new missionaries are coming tomorrow and guess who is training one of them? ME!! I will be training a missionary fresh out of the MTC! WOW! I actually saw it coming.

When I got called to be in the Macon mission I knew that there was some special reason that God needed me here. I am the only Visa waiter in the Macon mission. President Cottle (mission president) said that he had put much prayer into who needed to be training. He said that he knows that I am not in "my" mission but at this small moment in time, this is my mission. He also realizes that I may not be here for that long but he felt very strongly that I needed to train! Of course I accepted and I am PUMPED! I have been through a lot the last couple transfers but I can feel a different kind of fire in me and I am stoked for the coming days!!! I have no idea who she is but I will find out within 24 hours!! 

I am going to miss Sister Snyder something terrible! We have grown so much and I love her dearly! She has been such a great example! A lot of the times we don't know what we are doing but she is and always has been the one to know what to do! I tell her that I feel comfortable training because of her. Then she will say "I don't know what I taught you!" but the biggest teaching tool is being an example and that's what she has been to me!!

We have had a rough couple days. Sister Snyder has gotten the flu and so we have been stuck at home and I have done a TON of reading! haha buts it hass been good! I have been reading old general conference issues and I have learned a lot! I also read a lot of the Book of Mormon. I read about when Christ came to the people and they all came to him and each person got to feel his hands. I bawled like grandma does at Costco openings! ;)

Investigator wise we only have two. ___________ is 11 and the cutest gal ever!! She reminds me a lot of Kaylee and Bailee mixed together! What a combo huh?!?! We walked to church with her yesterday and she had a blast! She actually has a friend that is a member so we were not needed in primary! It was cool! Then when we were walking home she turned to us and asks, "When is my baptism?"......WOW!!!!! This girl is on fire! Her parents are not interested but are more than happy to let ________ join the church and they completely support her! Then our other investigator is 9. ____________ is a daughter of a less active family. The family realized that they need to come back to church and __________ has a desire to be baptized.

Funny how our investigators are kids right!! haha No I love it and it is actually easier to teach them than adults! But I guess that's why Christ asks us to become as little children. Meek, humble and kind!

___________ and __________ are great!! They are actually taking us to Walmart today! haha!  They are amazing and we love them so much!

____________ is doing well! We do FHE with him and the Elders every week. We also do Book of Mormon studies with him on Sundays! He is a great man and I am truly inspired by his story!

We had another death in our ward this week. ______________. Him and his wife ____________ joined the church in January. Sweetest couple ever! He would always call me "Sugar" hahaha so cute! He just celebrated his 84 birthday last week.
Glad you guys are busy! Makes life interesting I guess... haha Camping sounded.... hectic? haha but at least it was fun! Yeah 100 degree weather does not sound fun at all! It's been weird here! It has rained every day for the past 4 weeks. and rain here is not like rain at home. It POURS in sheets then when it hits the ground it bounces like 4 feet the air! It's NUTS!!! All the locals say that it has never ever done this before! So I guess I will jsut take their word for it. So because of all the moisture, humidity is usually at 100%..... ECKA!!! It is disgusting. It was funny the other day, we were walking back to our apartment and we could see the wall of rain coming our way! Weird!

Hermana Brown has her Visa?!?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?! That's nuts! Any day now I guess!  Have not heard from Hermana Buckholz yet... she is in the Atlanta Mission. I won't see her till we are in Argentina! I have no news on visa stuff but I guess it will be sooner than I think huh? ;)

Well not much more to say this week. It has been a better one than the past one! Thank you for all your prayers!

Love you!!!
~Su Misionera

No comments:

Post a Comment