Hey Y'all! So not much went on this week. no really not much.... so I really don't know what to tell ya today. So maybe i will just send you a lot of pictures today!
Well your "mommy sense" has been right this week... I was struggling this week. This week has been very hard and there is no reason why but it just has. I have been thinking about too many things and worrying too much. I have been feelin like I am in limbo because I'm not in Argentina, felt homesick, frustrated that my leg has been acting up and we have been struggling finding new investigators. Right now we have 2 but we have not been able to find them this week. It's hard to do missionary work when you have no one to teach... Some of the less actives are going through so much drama and they want to rely on us for support. And you know me, of course I will be there... One evening Sister Snyder and I were just so tired and emotionally up to our limit. but we didn't want to be. We knew it was Satan getting to us so we did something to distract us from our feelings. People here in Cochran love to give things to the missionaries. Canned food, cakes, and clothes! So we have an extra closet in our apartment and it has become the "dress up" closet. We keep it in the closet just in case a sister in the future wants it. Anyways so we played dress up and took pictures! (I will send you some) Made our day!!!
I really don't want to complain. I LOVE being a missionary! I have learned so much and grown so much in the past 4 months, but it has also been harder than anything I have ever done! The other day I really just was so emotionally spent, I didn't know what to do. It was in the morning and Sister Snyder was doing her studies and I was just lost. So I went into the front room and basically prayed and pored my heart out to Heavenly Father. When I said amen I just sat there waiting to feel something. And I waited.... and waited.... I was getting more upset now because I know that I need to be patient but I really did not want to. So I prayed again and asked Heavenly Father why He wasn't answering me?! I immediately had a thought that "Why does he need to answer when I already know?" That was not my own thought. That thought was from the Spirit telling me that I didn't have to ask Heavenly Father something I already knew the answer to. At that moment I realized that I was not alone. That He was holding my hand as I do this work. I knew that He was happy with the work that I have done the work that I will do. DUH!! I felt like such a dummy :) of course I knew these things so why am I letting little things bother me so much?!? At that moment I had so much peace in my heart. I knew that Heavenly Father was there with me and that He is the one who gave me that peace.
I know that I have the Faith! After that prayer I pulled out my B of M and began to read. I was reading Helaman 4. This is when the Nephites begin to be prideful and wicked. In verse 13 it says "and because of their great wickedness and their boasting in their own strength, they were left in their own strength ; therefore they did not prosper, but were afflicted and smitten, and driven before the Lamanites, until they had lost possession of all their lands." This scripture made me realize that God had tested them according to what it is they said they had. The Nephites said that they had the strength to defeat the Lamanites, so God let them have the opportunity to see it they really did. Obviously Heavenly Father knew that they did not have the strength but he needed them to see and realize that without Him, they are nothing.
I have this analogy I use a lot. Heavenly Father gives us little grains of sand (faith), what we do with that sand is up to us. We can collect the sand in the jar or we can toss the sand on the beach. But there comes a time in our life where Heavenly Father will take the sand that we have and apply pressure. We can not control the how much or how long he applies the pressure but we do control if we allow him to do it. It we do allow him to apply the pressure on our faith, yeah it is going to hurt, be uncomfortable, we may cry for help but the pressure will most likely continue because Heavenly Father knows what he is doing. Once he is finished with applying that pressure to your grains of sand, you now have a rock. a foundation of faith that has been made over time and over trials but how great is that foundation of faith?!?!
I know that this is just a time in your life where God has given you a few more grains of sand and is applying it to your foundation of faith. Your foundation is unlimited! There is no limit of how big your foundation can get! We just need to do all that we can to continue to expand our foundation that way it can stand in a crumbling world!
Heavenly Father has done that to me this week. I told you a few weeks ago, that I got a blessing and in the blessing he said that I have the faith to do this work. I know I do have the faith. This week Heavenly Father tested me to see if I really did. He has shown me that my faith is strong but he can make it stronger, and he has! I know that this work is the work of God and that Jesus Christ is the one leading this army!
Uh yeah those Hi-chews are FANFREAKIN FANTASTIC WITH 2 SNAPS AND A ;) They are sooooooo yummy!!!! I like the keep your chin HI and Chews to keep your spirits up! So cool!
AHHHHHHH The temple!!! Oh I miss it sooo much! I'm glad that you all had a good time!
So thank you for the package and the CDs! We love them!! Yeah I got a exercise band for my leg. There is a man in the ward that is a physical therapist and he said that it could be a result of the freak weather storms we have been having. But yeah I'm working on it.
Wow! this letter turned out longer than i thought it would!
Well I love you all soooooo much!
Luv~ Hermana Creason
No comments:
Post a Comment