Monday, July 1, 2013

MACON MISSION


MACON MISSION!!!! Yes I guess you have heard that I am now a missionary for the Macon mission. It actually started today and I am so stoked! This mission has been closed for a year or so and they opened it back up! Cochran is part of the Macon mission so I am still serving here until transfers which is the 17th or until I receive my visa. I won't know where I will be next transfer until a couple days before :) I have a lot of pictures I want to send you today so I hope you like them! I will meet the new mission president on Friday and from what I have heard he is fantastic!!!! But until then rules are still the same until further notice. So emailing time is still an hour..... sorry everyone.....
 
So this week was not very eventful. We both have been off and on sick and we are not sure why. We are very excited about T____________! He has changed so much! Last night we taught him about following the Prophet and we watched a DVD "special witnesses of Christ".  We watched the part on Thomas S Monson and Gordan B Hinkley. The spirit was so strong! We also ran by the baptismal interview questions with him and he is ready for Saturday so now we have a baptismal service to plan ;) It has been so cool to watch him grow and change. He shaved last night and he took out his gauges! I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has trust in me to teach him!
 
Other than T________ our work is really slow. We have no other investigators. I have not talked about R__________ because she is now avoiding us. we have not been able to see her for a month. We go over to see her, text and call her but she is no where in sight. I still pray for her but I'm not sure how to go about with her. Same with our other former investigators. They have just dropped of the face of the earth. We can't find any of them! I became really discouraged because of a lot of things. I was frustrated that I was sick and couldn't work like I wanted, I was a little home sick, with Sister McRae getting her visa it has made me more paranoid with my Spanish.  Spanish is getting more difficult, etc....
 
I then went through some of my old letters that you all have sent me and I have to thank you for all of your inspiring and thoughtful words :) it brought my spirits up. I read a letter from you mom (a letter a few weeks ago) and you told me to not be discouraged and that it is just Satan bringing me down. Stupid Satan! We were going to see someone but we were discouraged and didn't really feel like the Spirit was with us. Sister Snyder turned to me and asked if I wanted a priesthood blessing? Uhhhh YEAH! So we called a man in the ward and he gave us a blessing! I am so grateful that we did that! In the blessing he said that I have enough faith... Duh Aleece! I realized at that moment that I had the faith to do what God wants me to do and that right now I am doing it! I have the faith, and Satan can't take that away from me!

This morning Sister Snyder said "you know I bet Satan gets really scared at 6:30 in the morning because that's when all the missionaries wake up ;)" hehehe
 
Thank you for the package! The skirt is adorable and I love wearing it! I have worn it like 2-3 times this week! haha jk thank you so much! Yeah those Hi-chews are sooooooo yummy! We keep eating them and there are like 4 left ;)

Sounds like you guys had a good week!
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm actually chatting with you right now but still happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!! 12 years old?!?!?! dang I'm old! haha take pictures of your bday k!
 
Well not much more to tell ya! love you all! 
~Hermana Creason



No comments:

Post a Comment