Monday, July 28, 2014

 
On the bus to Salta

 
My hair is getting long
 
 
WOW!!!
Ok fist things first! Yesterday was transfers and...... WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY!!!! Me and Hermana Hammond are staying in Cabildo!!!! We are sooooo excited!!!!

So as for this week it has been a hard one... it was only hard because there hasn't been progress with some of the investigators and it was hard to find them this week. It was a little disappointing but its all good. It happens.

So this week we had to travel down to Salta and it was interesting. Wednesday is when we traveled. Our bus left at 2 in the morning and we didn't feel like sleeping before that time would be a good idea so we stayed up and did random stuff. Hermana Hammond took a 45 min shower and while she was there I was looking and going through some of my stuff and my memories in the mission. It was really cool to see how far I have come in such a short time! It brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face! It was fun!
Then we traveled to Salta.. a good 7 hour bus ride. We were there until 4 and then traveled back.... we are still tired from the ride!!!

Well this week teaching wise has stunk... its been hard. Basically we are ready to find new people to teach because the ones we are teaching don't want to do anything and we feel like we are wasting our time... but we will see what we do with them....

I really don't have a lot to say about this week because not a lot happened.... OH we did find a family! The moms name is M__________ and she was a reference from the elders in our district. Well O____________ wanted to accompany us so he left with us. Well as we were teaching here her kids started showing up and were really interested in that we were saying! It was cool! She then said that for years she had seen the missionaries walk by her or talking to someone and for years she had been wondering when it was going to be her turn! She was so speechless when we came to her door and she felt so happy! IT was super cool to hear that from her and it makes me want to talk to EVERYONE!!! Her kids are super excited to learn more! W e are excited to teach them!!!

Well because nothing else really happened this week I guess I can share what I learned in our Book of Mormon reading...

Well I was really taken back in Alma 5.... I felt like such a sinner after I read that!! I felt like I am not even close to be ready to be at the judgement bar before God! I was just in awe at the way that Alma was teaching with so much Power and Authority! It was CRAZY!! I learned a lot from it! 
I know that we are not perfect but through the atonement of Christ we are!

I invite you to read Alma 5:14-34 and think about the questions that he is asking and answer about them for yourself. Then I invite you to do what I did. After I read that I felt so bad about my sins that I felt the need to kneel down and offer a prayer of forgiveness. After I had an overwhelming feeling of peace and love came over me. It was a moment I will never forget!

I know that the Lord is always ready to forgive us of our faults and shortcomings but it takes us to offer the prayer to receive it!

I love you all soooo much! This is my last transfer! I have 6 short weeks and 5 more letters home! WE ARE GOING TO EXPLODE CABILDO!!!! Wish us luck!!

Reading this week

m Alma 18-19
t Alma 20-22
w Alma 23-25
t Alma 26-28
f  Alma 29-30
s Alma 31-32
s  Alma 33-35
Hermana Creason


No comments:

Post a Comment