Monday, December 16, 2013

My Zone

2 Zones of Salta


Hermana Villasis and I

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!! I am so grateful for the oppertunidad to serve in another country during Christmas! Sure I miss you guys a ton and I know that you miss me, but it really is a great opportunity that I am not sure I will have again! This Christmas is definitely different! I miss the snow terribly and the Christmas tree! But I have come to know something wonderful! 

Before the mission I had a testimony of Christ's birth and His life, but now this testimony has LIFE and it is BEAMING!!!!! As a missionary, I preach the gospel and invite others to come unto Christ. Christ was our perfect example and is our teacher, but first he needed to be born! Without His birth there would be no example, there would be no doctrine to apply and there would be no way to return to our Father in Heaven! In my studies this morning, I have been preparing a Christmas message for people that we encounter this week and I have decided to share in the Book of Mormon. The First chapter in 3 Nephi. 

To start out, the Prophets have testified of Christ's coming for YEARS!!! It's all over in the Old Testament and also the beginning books in the Book of Mormon. In Helaman 14:4 

Therefore, there shall be one day and a night and a day, as if it were one day and there were no night; and this shall be unto you for a sign; for ye shall know of the rising of the sun and also of its setting; therefore they shall know of a surety that there shall be two days and a night; nevertheless the night shall not be darkened; and it shall be the night before he is born

This is a prophet speaking! CHRIST IS COMING!!! Then in 3 Nephi capitolo 1 it was fulfilled!!! 

But behold, they did watch steadfastly for that day and that night and that day which should be as one day as if there were no night, that they might know that their faith had not been vain.

Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on this night shall the sign be given, and on the morrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfil all that which I have caused to be spoken by the mouth of my holy prophets.
 14 Behold, I come unto my own, to fulfil all things which I have made known unto the children of men from the foundation of the world, and to do the willboth of the Father and of the Son—of the Father because of me, and of the Son because of my flesh. And behold, the time is at hand, and this night shall the sign be given.
 15 And it came to pass that the words which came unto Nephi were fulfilled, according as they had been spoken; for behold, at the going down of the sun there was no darkness; and the people began to be astonished because there was no darkness when the night came.
 20 And it had come to pass, yea, all things, every whit, according to the words of the prophets.
 21 And it came to pass also that a new star did appear, according to the word.

This is one of the reasons why the Book of Mormon is ANOTHER TESTAMENT OF JESUS CHRIST!! How beautiful is this that we have other evidence that God loves all His children and wants them to know that Christ is coming and has come! I love the Book of Mormon and will be forever grateful for it in my life!!!
Well this is my Christmas message for you!! 
I know that Christ lives and loves us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment