HOLA FAMILIA!!!!
What a week!! It was a crazy one but it was a blast!! Today is transfers and I don't have my companion yet so I don't have any info but I do know that she is from Uruguay!!! AHHHHHH!!! My new companion is a Latina!!! Hermana Mortensen said that she is amazing and that we are going to have a lot of success!! But I am so nervouse because I am so afraid that our communication is going to be really hard. Hermana Mortensen comforted me and said that the first two weeks may be hard but you are going to learn the language so fast because that is all you are able to speak! There is no more Spanglish for me! ;)
We dropped Hermana Mortensen off this morning at the terminal (like a big bus station) and she traveled to the mission home today!! She leaves for the U.S. tomorrow night!!! The past 6 weeks have gone by so fast!!!! I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to work with Hermana Mortensen! It will be so lucky if I become a missionary like her!! She is FANFREAKIN FANTASTIC WITH 2 SNAPS AND A SMILE!!!! I love her and will miss her terribly!!
Right now I am waiting for my new companion in Jujuy. I am with a member named J__________ and she is awesome!! I love working with her. She is the one that knows English! I have had a blast with her today! She said that she needs a husband so if you know of anyone that wants to marry a Argentine, let me know!! haha P.S. Tina Turner is nothing compared to her!! (haha sorry, inside Joke!)
Because I am in Jujuy I dont have my cord to send pictures again this week! So sorry! I feel so bad that you have gone 3 weeks with out pictures!! But I can describe it for ya!
I love argentina! I know that this is my calling because I just feel like I belong here!! It is spring right now so it's that awkward time of needing a jacket one day, the next is a coat, then the next day you have sweat dripping down your back!! haha it has been interesting! It is really dry in Palpala. Palpala is also really big and we cover a lot of areas. We ride the bus every day and travel in taxis every once in a while. We walk a ton!! My legs will be able to take on anything after my mission here!! haha. Lots of dirt roads but that doesn't bother me. There are mountains near by so it makes me feel a little closer to home. Also a ton of dogs! Like stray dogs and it is like they can smell Los Estados Unidos on me! They don't like me very much! haha but I am tough and I just yell at them to leave! The people here are the best! Their hearts are so open and willing to learn! Life here is different and I have realized how much I have taken for granted! Today J__________ told me that her dream is to ride a roller coaster! And I have taken for granted that Lagoon is so close! It has helped me put things into perspective!! We have an oven and a stove top but we don't use the oven very much.. Hermana Mortensen would make fantastic banana bread in the oven! But other than that not much. Have not found peanut butter. Hermana Mortensen said that I will never find it in this mission. The stores are not big enough or a major chain,so I will never find peanut butter here :( Or Maple....
CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING!!! I was able to see all 4 sessions! It was as a stake and I had the beautiful opportunity to listen in English. Hermana Mortensen said that I am very lucky because her first conference she didn't have that opportunity! I loved every talk!! The thing about it is before my mission only a few talks would stand out to me because I could only relate to a few of them, but on a mission, every talk relates to me because I teach these principles to everyone else! It's really magnified on the mission! Sadly we only had 1 investigator attend 1 session. But it was a good one for him! I think my favorite talk was Elder Uchdorf. It was like Golden for so many missionaries because honestly, who would want to join this church. Only people who search and find the truth! It was great!! I also really loved Elder Scotts! But he is my favorite always!!
I want you to know that you letters are always perfect and I love them dearly but I think what I want to hear more about is maybe funny things that happen. Conner doing something that made you laugh, dad making a silly mistake. Things like that! But I understand that things like that don't always happen but when they do, let me know! Also maybe in the next letter I may need some encouragement because I don't know what this week is going to bring me with my language!
Speaking of my language, I can see it improving each and every day!! I can say so much more than I could in the MTC, which want not much to begin with.... haha. but I am watching the Hand of the Lord in my life and the Spirit carry my poor vocabulary touch others hearts for the better! I know that the Gift of Tongues is real and that it is a gift that I treasure!!
I love you all so dearly!!! I can't beleive that I have served 5 transfers and only have 7 left!!! after this transfer, I am Half way!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!
Love you much and miss you more!!
Hermana Creason
No comments:
Post a Comment