Monday, October 14, 2013

HOLA!!!!!

Lots to talk about today!!! But I guess I could answer your 15 questions!!! Haha!! No it's all good!

My companions name is Hermana Vaamonde. She is from Uruguay and is fantastic!! She doesn't know any English so our communication has resulted to my limited vocabulary, hand signs and drawings on sticky notes! haha we have not had any difficulties! I really like her! Comunication is hard but I see how possible it is. She always says that I think people don't understand me but I actually make perfect sense! She also says that I am going to be training the next transfer!!!! I don't think I'm ready for that!!! I have come to know that the gift of tongues is real and that it is through Faith in Jesus Christ!! I have come to know Spanish so much more this past week! I guess I am not as limited as I thought I think! 

She too is a leader like Hermana Mortensen. We get along great! She is so much fun! She is always singing! I love it! When we walk from appointment to appointment, sitting in the bus, or exercising in the morning, she is always singing! haha it's been great!

Friday we had interviews with Prestident Lavrino. It was just what I needed! I Think that I have had a lot of self confidence issues plus the mission shoves your weaknesses in your face. President Lavrino told me that he thinks that I have a great job to do here! He said that many missionaries are going to look to me for guidance.... This was also said in my setting apart.... He also said that he doesn't know why both of my companions have been leaders in the mission but he said that you have the opportunity to assist your companions being a leader. Because every week my compaions has to go to another sisters area and I stay in mine and a different sister comes here. He said that this is an opportunity to train as well...... not sure how I feel about that! haha  I look at it as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I can't believe that I have 11 months left!!!! that is crazy!!! After this transfer I will be half way!! I found out that my last day is September 9 2014.... I figured out that I have been serving for 31 weeks and I have 41 left!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!! where is the time going?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? Stephan comes home in DEC!! wow!! that is nuts!!! I will be home before we all know it!!!!!

We had stake conference yesterday and to our dissapointment NO INVESTIGATORS CAME!!!! Ugh it felt like such a defeat yesterday!! We were so bummed but we found out that one of our investigators ended up going to general conference and we didn't even know it!! cool right!!

Well I am just as clumsy as ever! Yesterday we were crossing the street and I totally biffed it! I scraped my knee really bad! It doesn't look pretty! haha! But in the result we went to a near by members house and they totally went first aid on me! The wife is a member but the husband is not. The husband has attended church with her for 9 years but he does not believe in the Preisthood or in Joseph Smith. But we took this opportunity to teach them! I think it went well but who knows?

We found out that President Lavrino wants another companionship of sisters here because Palpala is so big! entoses we are on the look for a new apartment!! YAY!!!!!!! The apartment we have is a complete FAIL!! Hermana Vaamonde says this all the time!! "FAIL FAIL FAIL!! our house is a FAIL!" haha it will be nice to have more missionaries here!!!

Now to your many questions! haha

Food here is different! Not sure I like it yet... some things are really good but some things I just don't care for. One thing that I don't really like here is millinessa de carne. It is like country fried steak but it has a lot of fat on it.... not my favorite.... French fries (Papas Fritas) is sold here like icecream. Tang (like cool aid), Fanta and pan (bread) is served at every meal. Breakfast for me is yogurt, but the yogurt here is more like a drink, it's not solid. We eat with members some days and the days we don't we cook in the apartment. 

We pay cash for the buses and taxis. It is from the church card. We don't use our cards here. At the begining of the month, we take out all our money for the month.

Lots of stores here! But mostly it is like stores that people just start by themselves.... There are a lot of them!!! 

I LOVE THE FUNNY STORIES!!! I laughed so hard at the "only child" Well I guess because Conner is an only child there is no need for me! haha SO FUNNY!!!

Wow conner! What a calling!!! I am sure you will do great in it!! Be sure to tell me how duck shooting goes!!!

WOULD YOU SEND THE PACKAGE ALREADY?!?!?! hahahaha! For a month now you have talked about a package and I have gotten all excited! and you have not even sent it yet!!!!! haha naw it's all good! I don't think I need anything! Maybe a jar of Peanut Butter??? no se! OH I need american stamps to send letters!! 

Well that is about it for this week!! Hopefully I will have more to say next week! Keep us in your prayers!! We really need a baptism here!!!!!

LOVE YOU LONG TIME!!!!!!
Hermana Creason

No comments:

Post a Comment