So week 4! Honestly I feel like I have not been here that long!!! It's been interesting. We have had a lot of success the last couple weeks. No baptism last Saturday. We tried so hard. We are teaching the grandaughter of our ward mission leader A____________. She is 8 years old and is great. We had everything set for her baptism paper signed and everything but there were a few lessons that we had to teach her. So we set up appointment after apointment but she was never home. Turns out that she was living with her dad in a neigborhood further away and no one knew where he lived! So Sister Mortensen and I went in faith. We asked around to different people if they knew where they lived and no one knew. We did this for about 3 hours. It was very frustrating. We never found her. But it was a good experience... I guess... ahaha
Another thing that happened this week was Sister Mortensen had to go to another area this week but instead of having another sister come here, they had me work with someone in the ward. WHAT?!?! crazy! I was sooooooooooooooooo nervous because I had to take the lead in the lessons. In English, no prob but in SPANISH?!?! let's just say that I spent a lot of time on my knees this week. At first I worked with the Relief Society Pres. M__________. She is great. She served a mission in too in Argentina but southern. She talks extremely fast so communicating was really difficult!! After she had to go to work so I then worked with a girl named J_____________ and she is FANFREAKIN FANTASTIC!!! She also served a mission in Argentina but she tried really hard on her mission to learn English because so many missionaries speak English. But anyways it was great working with her. Communication with her was great because she wanted to practice English so she would talk to me in English and I would talk to her in Spanish. It was good!!Monday, September 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment