I am in Argentina!!! Can you believe it?? It is so different here! I am serving in a city in Jujuy just north of Salta. The city is Palpala. It is so different here.
Let me tell you about my week. So Monday I got to talk to you guys. Well I had no idea but I didn't have a confirmed seat. I was just a stand by and I was suppossed to check in as soon as I got there.... well I didn't know that..... so when I got there I realized that I didn't have a seat so I went to check in and I got the very last seat on the plane!! Lucky or what?!?! So that then takes us to the plane ride......... It was horrible! 10 hours of travel!! I was sitting next to a guy who was doing a study abroad program in California. He asked me about missionary work because there were just about 100 missionaries on the plane. I took this opportunity to teach the gospel in English one last time ;) It was a good discussion. The elders sitting behind us participated in the discussion. It was cool. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he seemed excited about it! So cool!! I hardly slept on the plane. Maybe 3-4 hours. They played 3 movies and 2 were rated R..... stupid Satan. But us missionaries worked together to keep each other preoccupied. So we got off the plane in Buenos Aries and traveled by bus to church headquarters in Argentina. On the way there we drove past the B.A. Temple!! It is so beautiful! Luckily I had my camera out to take pictures. We ate lunch at headquarters and then took a bus to take a plane to Salta! Thank goodness! On the plane I had the whole row of seats to myself so i propped up my legs and took a two hour nap. We arrived in Salta around 8 that evening. There were around 30 missionaries that arrived. We all spent the night in a hotel to spend the night.
Now that takes us to Wednesday. We woke up and went to the church building. There we had a lot of training "classes". It was there I realized that i hardly know Spanish.... I received my new companion later that evening. Hermana Mortensen! She has been out her 18 months and has just extended for another transfer. She is FANTASTIC!! She is so good at teaching! We got to our area and out new apartment. Elders lived here before.... Oh just wait till you see the picture of what they left us! It was FILTHY! Food still in pans on the stove, dirt everywhere! ECKA! The next morning we spent 5 hours cleaning and found a ton of cockroaches and moldy food!! It was gross! Later we got to work. We actually had a baptism on Saturday. The elders had been teaching him but then got trasferred out so we went to teach him. His name is I__________. He is 10 years old. His family are members but just inactive. It was so different!! Baptisms happen so often here that not much preparation is required. They don't print out programs and only like 12 people show up. It is so different!
We do a ton of walking here. The City Palpala is big. Its very weird thinking about walking down a street in another country.... it has been weird.
The work here is very different. We do a lot! We talk to a ton of people. It's not a bad thing. It is actually very good, it is just different than Cochran! Ugh I am so home sick for Cochran! I miss it so much! I think I miss it so much because it was easy to teach there because it was in English!
The language has been taking a toll on me. I have been getting really frustrated this week because I went from being able to share the gospel to not knowing how to share it. It is hard. I know that I have only been here a week but I can't wait to be able to speak it!
Satan has really been working hard on me the last couple of days. I know that the language will come over time. This morning we came to the computer lab to print off your letters so that way it doesn't take time from our emailing time (which is 1 hour) and I was reading them and they all gave me so much more hope! It was so uplifting! Thank you so much for the encouraging words! I know that the language will come because Heavenly Father called me to be here and I am entitled to receive the Heavenly help that I have been promised!!
Well I am running out of time! Know that I love you and that I am doing alright! I love you more than you could ever know!!
Una escritora yo quiere que compartir con ustedes Alma 34:41
Love you!!!!
Hermana Creason
Buenos Aries Temple
GROSS!! What a mess.
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment