Hola mi familia!!!
3 week in Argentina and we had another 2 baptisms!! We got a referral from a member last week about her two granddaughters. Both are 9, love going to church but have not been baptized..... GOLDEN!! So we found one of them last Monday night and she accepted to be baptized on Saturday. Her mom is a member just less active. She served a mission in Argentina, I can't remember where. Anywho, the girl's name is D______________. She is so sweet and she was so prepared. We had a hard time trying to find her cousin Y__________ but we finally did on Thursday and she too accepted baptism for Saturday! When we taught her, she actually took over most of the lesson and told us about it! It was cool! Entonces, we had a baptism Saturday morning!! It was awesome because they are family and were able to enjoy this experience in their lives together!! It made me think of how important eternal families are. Now both Y_________ and D_________ can live together with their families in the celestial kingdom because they made the covenant of baptism! So beautiful!!
This week was good but rough. Hermana Mortensen is a leader and so she goes to other sisters areas to help them out, entonces I stay in Palpala. On Tuesday we did exchanges. Hermana Quispe came here. She is from Peru and knows no English, so it was difficult to understand but I carried my dictionary with me and we made it work!
We also had a zone conference on Friday and it was really good! (at least the parts that I understood) They taught about how we need to experience repentance in our life in order to teach it. Also we talked about teaching towards commitments, not lessons. Because when we know what commitments they need to make, we know what we need to teach. It makes it a lot easier to know what they need!
I think i jinxed myself last week when I told you that we are sweating bullets! Well we were. It has been freezing the last 4 days!! I am bundled up the best way that I can! haha!!! It has rained but it's not really rain, it is like a mist so an umbrella does nothing! Its cold!!!
The Spanish is coming along....slowly.... but I am starting to understand a little. I struggle most during lessons because I don't know what most is said so it is hard to know what to share, but Hermana Mortensen is great in helping me! I really don't want her to go home in 3 weeks! I wish she could extend another transfer! haha! But the Spanish is coming along. I definitely know more than I did 3 weeks ago!! It has been hard but I am learning how to turn things over to the Lord. I do all the study I can, and I have to let Him do the rest. It is hard because I want to know the language now but my relationship with the Savior has grown so much because I am relying so much on Him!
Palpala is HUGE!!! We have not even seen all of the city yet! Last night we were in a neighborhood that I didn't even know was in Palpala! It is huge! It's not really a busy city like Jujuy. Kind of compare it to West Jordan. It's a city, but no big buildings. The people here are great!
I have not cooked anything native yet. Hermana Mortensen made dulce de leche empaƱadas..... DELISH!!! yeah I will have to bring so home to ya!! haha!!
Laundry is not by hand.... well kinda. We have a washer but it is not like a washer in the states. it is smaller and doesn't spin much. After that we have to rinse the clothes out by hand in a sink like thing. Then we move it to a "dryer"... It's tiny but you put the wet clothes in and it spins really really fast and it forces most of the water out and dumps into a bucket.... I hope that makes sense... haha and then we hang it on a clothes line! fun right?!?! haha
Yeah I have seen Toms, but I haven't bought any yet. The price of them went up so they are no longer 7 pesos. They are about 30-40 but that's still not bad for Toms! And they are really cute here!
As for boots, I wish I had them now. You might want to send them for the future. And I need socks to wear with my shoes. Not tennis socks. Like the ones that I wear with my black and brown shoes. Hermana Mortensen has gone through 6 pairs of shoes.... so yeah... ahaha
I see a lot of souvineers that I want!! I'm just trying to decide which ones because I know I can't have them all! hahahaha
It sounds like you guys had a great week! The Stake conference sounds really good!!! I like that idea too! To remember our baptism covenants each Sunday because after all, that is the covenants we are renewing!
I love being here and I love being a missionary! The people that I have come to know and love have touched my life for ETERNITY!!! Thank you for giving me this beautiful opportunity to serve!!!!!
LOVE YOU TONS AND TONS!!!!!
Hermana Creason!!!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment