Ok this week has been NUTS!!! I have lots to say so here it goes......
Oh SNAP!! __________ is back!!!! Ugh I am just so excited! Me and Sister Snyder
just cant believe it!
So here is the story! On Tuesday we felt an impression to go see __________ so
of course we did. When we got to her house she welcomed us into her home!
WHAT?!?! This was the first time I have been in her home. All the times we
taught her it was on her front porch. Anyway. So we were talking with her and
she was really struggling. She said that earlier that morning her sister was
lighting a cigarette and her hair caught on fire and burnt her face. Her ears
were completely gone and was in intensive care. So __________ was really struggling.
She was not in the mood for a lesson right then, but we comforted her with the
Doctrine of Christ. We prayed with her and she told us to come back on Thursday.
So we did. She had been waiting for us. We got inside and she had her Book of
Mormon on the table and all the pamphlets she had been given. She said that she
got up early this mornin and felt like she should read the pamphlets. She had a
lot of questions that we clarified for her. Her biggest one was that she thought
that Joseph Smith wrote the B of M. So when she prayed, she said that she felt
the book was true but she didn't want to believe in a "man made bible". So we
clarified and explained to her that he translated the book. We spent two hours
just answering questions that she had. She said the more we talked and
explained, the more the gospel made sense and she was drawn into it. YAY!!!!!
Thank you so much for your prayers for her!!! It has been such a blessing to be
able to teach her and to help her see the Gospel of Jesus Christ! We are seeing
her tomorrow and we are going to
invite her to be baptized! Keep her in your prayers this evening!
So the beginning of this week was so rough! We were getting everything
ready for the new elders home and helping the Sisters that were leaving to pack
and get the things they needed. Me and sister Snyder didn't really get to see
a lot of our investigators this week because so much is going on. We got a brand
new ward mission leader, so he has wanted a lot of our time, so this week has
been long! School is out here and the youth love to come out with the
missionaries! I wish that I had done that! I know that I could have but you know
me and my lazy butt! :) But we take the youth out with us a lot. This week we
also said goodbye to Sister Dias and Sister McRae. We all got really close it
was heart breaking. But Esta Bien.
The Elders are alright. Elder Yeager and Elder Ditty. This is E. Yeager's
4th transfer and this is E ditty's 1st. They are nice but it's hard because they
really don't want help from us, so it's hard when they really don't communicate
when we really need to because we work in the same SMALL town. I don't know, we
are just a little frustrated. Plus it is hard because the ward had very bad
experiences with Elders a few years ago so that's why they sent sisters and they
have fallen in love with sister missionaries! The ward is hesitant to work with
them. Which is nice for us but I feel bad for the Elders.
Me and Sister Snyder are very confident about this next transfer. Its nice
because we both have grown so much and she knows my weaknesses and my strengths
and I know hers. Our lessons have become so much better and I believe that its
because we have become so much closer to one another and we have a great
friendship! It is funny because we are completely opposite people! and we would
have never been friends if it wasn't for the gospel!
I am going to be 4 months into my mission on Thursday!!! Holy Cow!!!! I'm almost to 100 days! man these
days just fly! They seem so long once you are in them but looking back, the MTC
doesn't seem that long ago. But I pray that this week will be better! We had a
lot on our plate spiritually. mentally and physically.
Ok funny story though...... it has been crazy stormy here. When it rains
here, IT pours!!! So there are a lot of bugs out because of all the moisture in
the air. You know on Honey boo boo where the gnats are all over? ITS DISGUSTING!
They are horrible! They fly right up to your face and I got 2 in my eye yesterday! NASTY! Plus we have gotten
eaten alive! I am going to send a picture of my legs... 28 mosquito bites on my
body.... yeah fun huh? The one day I forget to wear bug spray. I always do but I
was rushing out the door because we were late...... never again!!!!! haha and
Sister Snyder doesn't watch where she walks and steps right onto a fire ants
hill. She has 11 bites on her foot and it's swollen. But the ward members take
really good care of us. They brought us cream and ice and food so we are ok. It's
just a lesson to be learned :)
Ok another funny story. So as a missionary, we pray a lot right? RIGHT! So
the other night we got home a little later than we should have and we forgot to
pray as a companionship. So I'm dreaming and in my dream I say "oh my gosh Sister Snyder! We forgot to pray!" so in my dream I climbed out of bed and knelt down
and I looked over and Sister Snyder and was wondering why she wasn't kneeling...
so I was like oh well, I guess she can pray up there. So I begin the prayer. I
then realized that I'm not dreaming........ HAHAHA it was so funny! yeah I have
to keep this life interesting so now not only have I picked up mumbling, snoring
when I dream about dad but now I have picked up praying in my sleep..... nice
huh?
Oh I am sorry you had a crummy week! I was actually wondering when baseball would be over. I'm glad Conner is doing better and it sounds like he is doing great but that stinks that he was in that situation! I pray for Him every night that is spirit of baseball wont dampen too much because he is so good at it and that he should continue to love it! I miss watching him play but I cannot wait to see him play because he will be FANFREAKIN FANTASTIC WITH 2 SNAPS AND A :) Ok if he is as tall as you, how tall is her gunna get? Send pictures!!! I miss your faces!!!!
Well I hope all else is well! I miss y'all a lot but the experiences I have
had, I wouldn't trade for the world! I have you to thank for this experience!
Just remember that when times are tough, you always have a missionary that prays
for you in every prayer she gives! love y'all!
Gracias para ustedes aman y ayudan
~Hermana Creason

No comments:
Post a Comment