Monday, April 29, 2013



Hey family!! thank you so much for the letters! Yes i s got here fine. Our mission President is really nice. So Mondays are P-days and I only have an hour and a half to write so I don't know how much emailing I will actually be able to do.

The field is much harder than you think. My companion is great! Her name is Sister Snyder. She is from California and has only been in the field for 7 weeks and is now training so right now we feel kind of lost.

So our area is different. In all honestly we feel lost. I feel lost because I know that I have a purpose to be here, but my mission is Argentina.  So a part of me is upset that I was called to go to Argentina but I'm in the middle of nowhere.... We are in a little town named Cochren and it is in the middle of no where. We are 2-3 hour away from the mission president. Cochren was actually part of a different mission area but it had to be closed down but the didn't want to close down Cochren so the gave it to the Atlanta mission.  The ward is nice but very small. The south is very different.

So more about our area, we are struggling. Usually there is 1 companionship in an area, but they sent 2.  The other girls in out apt. Sister Dias is actually serving her mission at Temple Sq. but for her proselyting time they sent her here to GA. She got here 5 weeks ago. Her Companion is Sister Mcrae She is a Visa waiter for Salta too! 

So two weeks ago when they got news about me and Sister Mcrae coming they decided that they were going to split the little rinky dinky town of cochren into two areas. We drive around in a car but because the only one that can drive is my companion, we have to drive the other companionship to their appoinments and where they need to go. Its so hard.

I don't want you to worry about me, but I also don't want to hide anything from you. But our proselyting area is not the most ideal and not the safest. PLEASE don't worry!! We do not tract or work in an area that we do not feel comfortable with, but most of our area (like 90%) is that kind of an area, so we are running out of things to do. 

The ward is great. The feed us everyday (and southern food... mmmmm).

Other than that Georgia is great! It is so beautiful here! I don't think I have see so many trees in my life! The weather is hot and HUMID!!! I feel like I hit a wall every time I walk outside! haha but its pretty here! Next time I will have pictures for you! I forgot my camera :(

OK so now I will answer your many questions.... :)

Yeah I sent a lot of stuff home but I'm going to have to send more. I was told that the Airplane that I will take to Argentina, they weigh our carry ons and they can only weigh 17 lbs. My teacher who served in Argentina said that you can get all of that stuff there. Hairspray, moose, hangers, etc. You might have to send the bug spray and sunscreen. But I honestly don't know what I can get rid of but I can figure it out! but yeah that's why I sent so much stuff home because I would have to get rid of more stuff here. So don't worry about me, I will be fine. Argentina IS civilized and has a ton of stuff :)

Have not been able to use Spanish yet, but I am still working on it:)

I'm so glad everything at home is good! CONNER!!! buddy! I am so sorry that you are not having a good baseball year! And I'm sorry that I can't be there to cheer you on BUT I have a scripture for you... Ether 12:27... This scripture has helped me a ton the last couple days! I know that it can be frustrating that your team may not be as you had hoped BUT I want you to think of all the things that you have become stronger at!! I have not seen you play, but from the letters I get I know you are doing AMAZING!!! Don't get down on yourself! I am going to commit you to do something. Conner, when you loose and feel upset with yourself, will you commit to count 10 things that you did GOOD during the game? This is a YES or NO Question!! Not a maybe or sure! You tell mom and dad what your answer is then tell me! Mom, Dad, make sure that he keeps his commitment! If he says YES (which he better) keep him to it! :)

So glad that you have trips coming up! Take LOTS of pictures and send them my way!!!

Well I have to go! I have not even read every ones letters yet but I have to email gma and gpa because I haven't for a while and I feel so bad!! 

Sorry if this letter sounds like a cry for help because its not. I just need to vent sometimes and talk to you. I really do miss that. Being able to just talk to you... anywho don't worry about me! I really am fine, I just don't want to lie to you saying that every thing is perfect. 

LOVE YOU TONS AND TONS  AND TONS!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment