Monday, June 23, 2014

HOLA family!!!

What a week!

Not a lot happened at the beginning so I will just get to the important stuff. First off I got the flu this week on Thursday and Friday. I was so sick. I threw up Thursday night and I spent the day in bed on Friday. Friday we had a ton of appointments so we figured out a way for me to be with a member in her home and Hermana Hammond worked with a member and I am so glad she did! She is so great!!! I remember when I was in Palpala and my companion was a leader and I had to work with the members and I HATED IT! It drove me crazy but Hermana Hammond took it like a champ and did it! but I spent the afternoon into the night at the family S___________. It was great! While I was there I got to talk to hermana S_________ and get to know her more! She has become my mother in Santiago! I love this family so much! They always take care of us! She made me soup and made me feel so much better. Later my district leader came over and gave me a blessing. I now feel 100 % better and I feel better now that I am not on happy pills.(I was taking meds that made me really loopy...) haha
Well as for teaching it was a good week. We are teaching a less active woman that is great, her name is S___________. She has been less active for a year and now her friend, J________, wants to listen to us. Well we taught him last week and left him the introduction and Alma 32 to read... but I guess we explained it wrong because in 5 days he read the intro TO Alma 32!!!! WHAT?¿?¿? yeah crazy!!! haha we had a family home evening last night with them and we watched Finding Faith in Christ!

We also taught V_________! She is still going strong.  Her mom doesn't want us coming over anymore but V__________  and her grandparents said that we can go over on Thursday nights when her mom is working.... I feel like I am a spy going over there! haha but she is already working of getting to the TEMPLE!!!! We have not even taught her about temples yet!!!! She is AMAZING!! I just want her mom to understand and to allow her to make this step in her life!!!

But one thing that me and Hermana Hammond are learning in life is that there are times when we are going to have to pay a token of the price that was made in Gethsemane that way we can understand the way the Savior knows us and that we can understand his Atonement! I have had so many moments in my mission and my life that I have been able to get to know the Atonement and feel His love from it.... that means that our investigators will have to too... that means V__________ and O________.... its not fun because they are going through so much and just want to be baptized but its all in the will of the Lord. This I know, as long as we take our trials and keep pressing forward with the Savior, all will be well!

Well I encourage you to keep reading the Book of Mormon! I too am a little behind but only a few chapters! IT IS AMAZING! I am learning so much from it! I will share a few things.

I really loved chapter 7 in Nephi. This is when Nephi and his brothers are returning with Ishmael and his family and they are so tired and grumpy and his brothers want to go back to Jerusalem. Nephi stands up and says no we can't. We need to keep the commandments of the Lord and his brothers got mad at him and tied him up and left him for dead. It is this scripture that stood out to me. Verse 17

Nephi prays and asks for STRENGTH to break the bands of his affliction. THIS IS AN EXAMPLE TO US IN OUR AFFLICTIONS! Usually when I am down and ready to give up, I ask God to change my situation BUT Nephi is a great example to us that we need to ask for STRENGTH to go through it and then have the faith to act as he did in verse 18

I am loving the Book of Mormon with every word I read and I am so glad we have here for us to learn and understand!

Here is the reading for this week!
Mon 1N 19-20
Tues 1 N 21-22
Wed 2N 1-2
Thurs 2N 3-5
Fri 2N 6-8
Sat 2N 9
Sun 2N10-14
I pray that your week is great and that you can feel my prayers!!!
LOVE YOU!!
Hermana Creason

No comments:

Post a Comment