Wow this week was weird and hard!
When we woke up we were ready to take on the world but the feeling of our numbers did not go away. We had taught M___________ during the week and had planned to pass by her house and go to the church together. When we arrived there was a note on the door that said that she could not attend because her pastor changed the times of her church and gave her a calling. So now she feels obligated to go to her church. Well we where heartbroken! There was no one else that was close that we could pass so we went to church. When we got there we received the tender mercies of the Lord.
Outside waiting for us was L___________ and her mother. They are the ones that had a blessing in there home from the bad spirit! It was such a surprise! Also when we got into the chapel a ton of our less actives where there and were so happy!! So many people bore their testimonies and the spirit was so strong but what made my day was the last testimony. A___________ went and bore her testimony and it was the most heart felt testimony!! I was in tears! It was a blessing to witness that a person who I had been teaching had a testimony! This was the first time I had heard one of my converts testimonies! I was touched with the spirit of the Lord and I am so grateful that I received this blessing!!!
I know that this work is not easy and my calling as a missionary is not easy but I discovered something in my studies this morning.
I was reading the Joseph Smith history when I realized that Joseph Smith began to translate the gold plates BEFORE he was baptized and BEFORE he received the priesthood! Never had I realized this!! That God had trusted someone to translate a holy record before he was spiritually clean through baptism or before he received the authority of God! It was the power of the Holy Ghost that he translated the record. I then began to think about me. God has entrusted me to do things that at times I don't feel adequate or worthy, I have received the gift of the Holy Ghost and he has entrusted me to do his work.
It is by HIS power and authority we can do all things!
I am sorry that the letter is short, but I hope you can feel that I am truly blessed and I am receiving blessings from the Lord I will never ever forget!
LOVE YOU
I first want to thank each of you that prayed for the health of my
companion! It was a scary thing for her to go through that and she needs all the
prayers she can get because she has to go back this Thursday to have the camera check her again because she
is still having the same problem as before but a little worse. This week was
hard because she has been recovering and has received different symptoms so we
have spent a lot of time this week in the apartment. And for this reason this
week was hard.
Our ward here is small and kind of spoiled. They really don't want to help us
so I was not able to leave and work because no one would go with me and sit with my companion so as this result our
numbers are absolutely horrible!!! It is embarrassing! I know that numbers are not
everything but this was bad! I felt sick to my stomach when we had to report our
numbers! It was really hard for the both of us because there was nothing that we
could do. My companion has been healing physically and spiritually, and I
couldn't work. Saturday night we
felt awful!! I think we cried for hours! We finally decided to pray together
and ask Heavenly Father for His help. We needed a miracle!
When we woke up we were ready to take on the world but the feeling of our numbers did not go away. We had taught M___________ during the week and had planned to pass by her house and go to the church together. When we arrived there was a note on the door that said that she could not attend because her pastor changed the times of her church and gave her a calling. So now she feels obligated to go to her church. Well we where heartbroken! There was no one else that was close that we could pass so we went to church. When we got there we received the tender mercies of the Lord.
Outside waiting for us was L___________ and her mother. They are the ones that had a blessing in there home from the bad spirit! It was such a surprise! Also when we got into the chapel a ton of our less actives where there and were so happy!! So many people bore their testimonies and the spirit was so strong but what made my day was the last testimony. A___________ went and bore her testimony and it was the most heart felt testimony!! I was in tears! It was a blessing to witness that a person who I had been teaching had a testimony! This was the first time I had heard one of my converts testimonies! I was touched with the spirit of the Lord and I am so grateful that I received this blessing!!!
I know that this work is not easy and my calling as a missionary is not easy but I discovered something in my studies this morning.
I was reading the Joseph Smith history when I realized that Joseph Smith began to translate the gold plates BEFORE he was baptized and BEFORE he received the priesthood! Never had I realized this!! That God had trusted someone to translate a holy record before he was spiritually clean through baptism or before he received the authority of God! It was the power of the Holy Ghost that he translated the record. I then began to think about me. God has entrusted me to do things that at times I don't feel adequate or worthy, I have received the gift of the Holy Ghost and he has entrusted me to do his work.
It is by HIS power and authority we can do all things!
I am sorry that the letter is short, but I hope you can feel that I am truly blessed and I am receiving blessings from the Lord I will never ever forget!
LOVE YOU
Hermana Creason!
Oh PS. I don't have to pay customs on my packages when they arrive here!!!
YAY!!!!! But you can not send electronics of any sort!!
LOVE YOU!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment