Hola mi querida familia!!!! Como estan????
Oh my have I got to tell you something!!
So the last couple of weeks I really have been struggling! This area is so dang hard and very little sucess! I don't know how many prayers I said pleading with Heavenly Father for a miracle....... (I totally had to go to google translate to remember the english word of miracle!!! Oh my how embarracing!!! hahaha) ok back to the story. Well for weeks I have been struggling! With this area, with my companion, with my ward, and with a lot of things but I have learned something really special this week.
Tuesday we had a zone conference and we talked about doing the Lords will and not our own. I really got "motted" in terms. It really took me by surprise. I had been praying for a miracle but it really was for my own pleasure. I felt embarassed and ashamed. That night in my prayers, I asked for forgiveness and that I will dedicate the rest of my mission for the will of the Lord. I felt the peace and joy from the Lord. The next day was a lot better. We had no success but my attitude was better! And this attitude followed the rest of the week. But because we have a loving Heavenly Father and he just loves to answer prayers, he answered mine and we received a miracle.
Friday we recieved a referral. The member said that this woman is looking for the truth and really is seeking. Her name is Milagro (Miracle in spanish) Well we called her and she was super excited that we wanted to share with her our religion. We set an apointment with her Saturday. During the lesson Saturday we talked about the restoration of the Gospel and it totally clicked for her. She understood everything! At the end she asked "Why have I never heard about the Priesthood, of the Book of Mormon, or Thomas Monson?" Great question right??? Well we invited her to church and she cheerfully accepted! We also invited her to be baptized on Feb 8 and she accepted as well!!!
Well we went to pick her up for church yesterday morning, and she was waiting outside in a skirt and her Book of Mormon. She was so happy! She had a great time at church. She said that she learned more here than any other church...... UH DUH!! Because this church has the fullness of the gospel!!! Well she asked if she could make us lunch today! How great is she!! Well we went to her house for lunch and we talked about the things that we had left for her to read. Now keep in mind that we met her Saturday.... Well we asked her where she was in the Book of Mormon and she said that she was in 1 Nephi 7!!! We left her the Introduction and she read the testimonies of the witnesses and Joseph Smith and up to 1 Nephi 7!!!!!!! I could not believe it! She said that she ablsolutly loves the book and that she had wondered if God communicated with the Indians here in America!!! She really is GOLDEN!! We have another visit with her tomorrow! and I can not wait!!
It is really interesting that I prayed for a miracle and we recieved one and her name is Milagro!!!!! It's just a tender mercy of the Lord!!!
I was reading in the Book of Mormon and came across a scripture that I honestly apply to in this moment.
Alma 26:16
16 Therefore, let us aglory, yea, we will bglory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his cmercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.
I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that really answers our prayers, even if we stop asking for it! He has heard every one of them and remembers them!
I have learned so much in this area that I struggled with in the beginning! But now I am hoping that I can stay a little longer!!
I can only think of one more thing that I want. I want Ensigns in English. I want the general conferance address in English, I have it in Spanish, but I want it in English too. and the October and January. Can't think of anything else I want.... oh more peanut butter???????? hehe. No I have not gotten the package from grandma yet.... maybe next week
Thank you for your prayers!1 I honeslty think that is what is getting me through!!! I love you guys sooooooo very much and miss you more!!! I
I LUV YOU!!!!!
Hermana creason
No comments:
Post a Comment