Monday, November 18, 2013


BIRTHDAY EGG

Goodbye Palpala...

Yup that's right. I got transferred!!!! I only got to serve in Palpala for 3 months!! I had such a blast and had so much success!!!

I am now in Salta!!! My area is in the Capital! Also the Mission President lives in my area, and we attend the same ward!! I am really excited!! The mission office is is my area as well!! I think that this is going to be fun!!! My companions name is Hermana Villasis. She is from Ecuador. She has been in her mission for a total of 3 months. We live with 2 other Hermanas and the house is HUGE!!!! It is nice and I feel like I can breath here!! haha!! My area is called Tres Cerritos! It is really tiny, well compared to Palpala!!!

Speaking of Palpala, WE HAD 2 BAPTISMS!!!! N________ and F__________!!!! It was really good!!! I think that F__________ was my purpose in Palpala! I think that he is going to be a great example for his family!!! N___________ as well!! They both were very prepared!! but we had a lot of help from the members. Every time we had lunch we asked our members to pray for our investigators. we saw a dramatic change in our investigators desires and we received more success!!!

My birthday was a blast!!! It is a tradition here that on someones birthday it is tradition to throw eggs and olive oil, confetti, flour, dirt, and all other kinds of stuff so when I woke up I got really nervous because I didn't want to get dirty on my birthday. We also explained to the people that we visited that I can't get dirty. They said that that was fine. So I thought that my birthday would be just fine. So i woke up, and my companion sang Happy Birthday to me, we then moved to the room where we exercise and began exercising. The next thing I knew, Hermana Vaamonde starts beating me with her pillow! shouting the happy birthday song! And I am on the ground trying to do sit ups, the next thing I know she runs to the fridge and runs back to me and cracks an EGG ON MY HEAD!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?! hahahaha then the flour followed!!! I can't wait for you to see the pictures!!! She had also bought me an alfajor as my cake!! So sweet of her!!!  The whole day was really beautiful! I bought a shirt on Monday with the money from Grandma Creason! It's really beautiful!! We had a lesson with one of our investigators. She is 13 and her family is really nice. After the lesson they asked us to wait a little longer. So we sat and waited. They came out of the kitchen with a cake! and started singing happy birthday!!!! Lindo no??? I have pictures of this too!! After the lesson we got a call from one of the members to go to her house, so we did. When we got there she had a cake for me and a really pretty trinket. It's a tree made of wire and beads. It is really beautiful!! 

Thank you so much for the Birthday wishes!! Thank you Gandma Creason, Grandma and Grandpa Bird, and Andrea and Jeff for the birthday money!!!!!

But yup that was my birthday!! Really sad that it's over! Dad you were right!! The birthday on the mission is really special!! I loved every second of it!!!

I am not sure how Christmas is celebrated here in Argentina.... I know that Christmas Eve is more important but that's all I really know. Christmas for missionaries is exactly the same as every other day, except we get to talk to our families!!! I love the idea about the nativaty set!!! I will keep an eye out!!!!

My Spanish has improved a ton!!!!! I know that it is because I am starting to think in Spanish! This has been such a blessing to really understand that God really knows me and loves me!!! 

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is this Tthursday....At least I think it is.... If not you will have to tell me! haha!!! Sooner than you think it will be Christmas, then Mother's Day, then the 4th of July and then I will be home!! CRAZY!!!!!! Time is just flying!!!!!!

I have not heard from the M_________ family but I am going to send an email today and ask if E____________ has had her baby!!!! 

Well there is not much more to say! I am sure that I will have much more to say next week because this is a new area!!!

Palpala was a blast!! And I will forever cherish every memory and every minuet!!!!  Hermana Vaamonde is the best!!! It was so hard to say goodbye this morning! She has been such a blessing in my life and I can't wait to see her again!!! Thank goodness for Facebook because I am not sure if I will ever get to Uruguay and I don't want to wait till the Celestial Kingdom to talk with her again!! 

Love you soooooo very much!!!!!
Love HErmana Creason


No comments:

Post a Comment