Monday, August 19, 2013

VISA IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!


Sister Hathaway and Me


  
I have been serving for 5 months!!


Homemade zuchinni bread from home




OH my goodness!!! So much to tell you right now!!!! So much has happened!!! Please be sitting as you continue reading!!!!

I GOT MY VISA!!!! No Joke!!!! They just called me this morning! Like 2 minuets before we walked out the door to email!!! I leave on the 26 (next Monday). No details yet. That is all the information that I know. I think that President Cottle will be getting in touch with you. If I get any information I will have Sister M_________ get to you!   I can't believe it is here! I usually forget all about it! I know you all are crying right now but just know that I am doing all right! I will tell you why! This has been the best week ever and getting my visa has topped it off!!!!! So let me tell you about my week!

So we went on exchanges this week on Thursday and Friday with the Warner Robins Sisters. I stayed in Cochran again. I have not been in any other area besides Cochran to do any kind of proselyting. Now I know why ;) We had a great time. She helped me understand some things to help this area. It was fun! Well while we were on exchanges we got a call from our district leader and gave us AMAZING NEWS!!!! He said that Elder Neil L Anderson was coming to our mission on Saturday and that he wanted to speak to us!!!!!!! WHAT?!?!?!?! Crazy cool!!!!! 

So that takes us to Saturday. So we carpooled with the Warner Robins Sisters because he was going to speak to us in Columbus. It is like a 2:45 drive... It was fun though! So we get there and it was actually the first time that our whole mission was actually together! It was so neat! So then Elder Anderson got there and we got a huge picture done with him. I think they will send it to you.... maybe.... anyway then we all got the opportunity to shake his hand and meet him personally! How cool is that?!?!?! It is a cherished experience! He then spoke to us and it was incredible!!! I took a picture of my notes so you can read what I wrote. It was sooooo cool!  After he spoke to us he bore his testimony............. The spirit that was there was so strong! No one could deny that he is an Apostle of the Lord!!! It was so powerful and I know that what he testified to be true is true! I can not deny the spirit that bore witness to my heart that his testimony is true!! Ugh it was incredible!!!! After the song he counseled us to sit and ponder on the things that was said. We sat there for a good 5-10 minuets while someone played the piano. I then offered a silent prayer. There was a warmth that enveloped me. That moment was so amazing! I knew that I was talking to Heavenly Father and that he was sending me the comfort I needed! It was probably the closest thing that I could give me the feeling I have at the temple! It was so comforting! Best thing EVER!!!!  

So that was Saturday!

SUNDAY
So yesterday was a very eventful day!! I spoke in sacrament meeting! I talked about receiving help from the Lord. Elder Scott's talk from 1991. It was very good I thought! A lot of people said that Ii did good so I will take their word for it ;)
Right after sacrament meeting was A_________'s baptism. It was so good! The ward helped out a lot so there was very little that we had to do! It was a beautiful service! She was so prepared and she is being such a good example for those around her! I am so grateful that I got to teach her! She was only part of my purpose here in Cochran!!! 
This was such a great experience! Teaching kids is very different but they are so willing and humble to learn! A_________ was so quick to want to be baptized and it was a testimony builder for me! I have witnessed what Christ means to come as a little Child! It was beautiful!!

Cochran was having a lot of success last year but it had started dwindling a little bit. It has been so cool watching Cochran Blossom!! It has been great! K_________ is so excited for her baptism! She came to A_________'s and that just got her even more pumped!! It so cool to watch her come closer to Christ!  

Thank you so much for the package! It was great! The blanket is simply beautiful!! I wish that you could have seen their faces when E_________ opened it!! It is perfect!! One day y'all are going to have to meet!! The M__________'s have been a home away from home! I am actually taking time out of P-day to go over and tell them about my Visa! Im actually kinda scared on what they are going to do..... hahaha! Watches and slip are perfect! Thank you!!! And the bread! Oh the bread! I actually started crying a little bit! It was so scrumptious!!!! It was so nice to have something I know you made!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

So I don't know what else to really say...... I am actually going to Argentina! Personally I thought that this day would never come! It has been such a blessing to be here in Cochran! Of all the reassignments I could have received I NEVER EVER NEVER EVER would have guessed or picked Cochran! But this little town has blessed my heart! I actually was hoping that I would stay in Cochran until my visa came. I know that Georgia Atlanta Mission and Greorgia Macon Mission was not my reassignment. Cochran was. I want another charm to go on my mission necklace that says Cochran!!!!! I will have to do that when I get home!

Well not much else to say! If I get any info during the week, Sister M_________ will let you know! 

Love you so very much!!!!!!!!!!
~Hermana Creason

No comments:

Post a Comment