Monday, April 14, 2014

Oh my what a week! I don't know even where to start!!! Well I guess I will just start from the beginning!

Well remember last time how I said that I was going to be changing apartments??? Well I basically got transferred into a huge problem!
The apartment is a good one. It is a 3 bedroom, 1 bath and a big living area. Its a nice apartment but it was a horror to go into!! Basically what happened the apartment was vacant for 3 months before and the women that lived there before didn't take good care of the apartment.  There was a lot of fixing up to do but the owner sad that she would fix everything up and everything would be perfect when we got there. Well some how she didn't get informed until last Sunday.... when we got there Monday evening we had no electricity, we didn't have water AND cucurachas en TODOS LADOS!!! Lets just say I had a mental breakdown! It was horrible. The elders de zona helped us move and when they were searching the apartment they found horrible things!!!! They said that we could not live there till everything was fixed and cleaned. so this whole week we have been sleeping in La Banda and taking a 45 min bus ride to Cabildo every day! I am so spent!!! But we finally got everything done and will be sleeping in our apartment tonight!!! It was fun sleeping and being in my old apartment but I am glad that we have our own here now!!!

I feel like we have wasted a lot of time this week but really its not our fault! I feel like I have been transferred into a mess! haha The area is great and my companion is too. I guess I should have known that there is no such thing as a perfect area! haha.

Well I think when you sent your email you sent your germs from when you guys were sick! haha yup with all this stress and its starting to get cold here, I have caught a cold.... bummer! It's nothing too bad but its not fun either.

The work this week has slowed down a bit. we have not seen O___________ this week.... every time we went he was not home, and he didn't go to church yesterday, so he wont be baptized this week! We have an appointment with him tomorrow! Cross your fingers!

Well Y__________ had a hard week. Her mother had an emotional breakdown and tried to commit suicide.... she was really emotional we asked her if we could also teach her mom. She invited her mom in for the lesson and we taught about the love of God and that we can find it in this life. It was really powerful! Y____________ prayed to know if the Book of Mormon is true  and she KNOWS that it is but she is having a hard time letting go of her  old catholic ways. We are working on it little by little with her.

This week i think that my name tag has said.
Hermana Creason
Tell me all your problems..

I am serious!! Most of the time I feel like I am yanking out teeth to know what their issues and problems are so that we can better help them but this week EVERY SINGLE DAY we ask one question and out comes all of their problems on a silver platter! haha

For example. We talked to a young adult, M__________, and we were in her home for 2 min and I asked her who was Jesus Chirst for her... 1 min of silence and she spilled out all her problems. She said that she was angry with God because her son is handicapped and that she felt so lonely and sad and that she doesn't know her purpose in life. She cried and cried and cried.  We just listened. After we sat there not knowing what to say but then I felt the need to speak so I did. I testified to her that God loves her and that she has a purpose. I told her that I worked with handicapped youth for a year and it really is a privledge more than anything. We tought her the plan of salvation and she begged for us to come back!

We also had a member yesterday tell us duing lunch that he and his wife are struggling with their sons. They have 4 sons in the age range of 15-20. 2 of his sons are less active and the other is becoming. He told us his concerns as a parent and he didn't know what to do..... I AM 21 YEARS OLD!! haha I honestly had no idea what to tell him but he reminds me a little bit like dad. I told the member of the way I look at my parents. My dad is stern and quick. There is no middle ground with him. Black or white. No gray. But he is also full of love when he teaches and that when he teaches he makes sure that I understand. We will explain the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER again, but it works because I understand it. I then explained the example of my mom.  How she has always honored the priesthood right of my dad. She is my friend and she knows me perfectly. She never showed fear and when she was afraid, she didn't let it effect the way she was. She is always there for me and I know that. The member looked at me with tears in his eyes and said thank you.

But I now want to turn that thanks to you guys! Thank you for your example! I want you to know that your example to me helped me teach people her in Argentina! In a way, you guys are the teachers and I am just the mouthpeice!

It is true about the packages. dont send it! I would hate it if it never got to me! I will just use the skirts when I get home. Well I hate to turn down money to buy new clothes but it's starting to get cold here and the clothes that I have for winter are a little big but then again, I really don't have time to go shopping for clothes. We will see how things go once its winter.

Well I am out of time!

Love you lots and miss you more!
Hermana Creason

p.s. Once again, there are no fotos today either. All of my stuff is in my suitcase still but NEXT WEEK I will have lots of pictures to send!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment