Monday, August 18, 2014

WOW what a week!!!!! It really is just flying by!! 

Well this week was a little hard for us. Our area hit a dry spell this week. Our investigators are not really progressing. It's been hard. We were doing sooo good but then this week we hardly taught anyone and we couldn't find anyone new to teach. But there are weeks like that in the mission and there is nothing that we can do but move on and find the chosen! haha

Well this week we had fun! We had our interviews with president Chaparro. He is so great! I really like him! I'm just sad that I don't have more time to learn from him! But he will be so great for the mission!! He talked to me a lot about what he thinks that this mission needs. What is something that every area needs? Great question right? I was stumped but he just sat there and waited for my answer. So I thought and thought and I thought some more. I was thinking about every area that I had served in and what it needed and I immediately thought about charity. All of my areas needed a lot of love! That is what I shared with him! I told him that love is what every area needs. I told him about how when I shared my love with others, the mood changed, trust was stronger and the spirit was powerful. I learned a lot about charity in the mission! I still come up short having it but I know that it has gotten a lot better in the mission. Loving and serving!!! 

So not a lot of updates on investigators this week because we didn't teach very many but I have got some great stories that I want to share!!!

First off was yesterday!! Oh my gosh! It was CRAZY!! We had a family home evening with a less active S____________ and her family. We are teaching S__________'s friend, J______! He is the one that is sensitive to the other side of the veil. Anyways, he is great and he wanted to teach us how to cook a few things!! He taught us pizza, empanadas, and tortillas.... well it was an eexperience that I will never forget! So we are making the dough and having fun with her crazy kids, making a mess with flour and we are rolling out the dough for the empanadas. So I was filling empanadas and Hermana Hammond was putting sauce on the pizza. She came over to me and said in English....

"hermana... I have something to tell you... there's cochroaches crawling on the food..... 2 were in the pizza sauce...."

I will leave you time to go puke...

Are you done?? Good, so am I...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?!?!?!
 
It was HORRIBLE!!! They were everywhere in the kitchen! Lets just say that the food came out and I was sooo sick to my stomach I couldn't eat! It was just crazy! Her kids are nuts and the youngest who is 4 nailed me in the face with a ball of dough. I didn't have time to warn Hermana Hammond and then he nailed her in the face too! I am soo surprised we don't have black eyes! 

Saturday tradition

This week we taught M__________ and C___________. It was interesting. They are so great and love to learn but they are sooo iintelligent and they are just soooo stubborn its hard to teach them. So this week we taught them about prayer. We told them how to pray and the importance of prayer. We explained it for a good hour and we thought that we had explained it clearly. They said they understood it. We asked one of them if they could say the closing prayer. M___________ hates praying. She thinks its just empty words so she wouldn't say the prayer. So C__________ said he would do it. We bowed our heads and listened. He then said... " I would like to ask you to keep preaching to us and to keep helping us learn..." I looked up and he was looking at us, I realized that he wasn't praying. I looked and Hermana Hammond and she was looking at him too. We listened to him basically share his testimony and then he said , " in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."........ yeah he was praying the whole time! haha we laughed about it forever after! haha

This week will be exciting! We have a huge activity this week on Friday! It;s a great big talent show!! We are sooo excited! We are going to do a duet with the piano and flute! We picked the hymn God be with you till we meet again. We are going to play it really pretty and nice and then at the chorus we are going to Rock and Roll it!! We are stoked!! 

So I have once again run out of time to write more but I pray that all is well and that you too are enduring till the end! After all we only have 3 more weeks!! 

Love you sooo much!!!
Hermana Creason

oh and the reading! i forgot the paper but on Sunday we need to be on 3 nefi 16

No comments:

Post a Comment